I always refused to believe that writing about movies, sex, cooking, men and being twenteen was any less worthy than writing plays or reading Shakespeare; after all everything has its place! I love to write, so I did an English degree. Several billion essays later I’ve just graduated. Rhian Williams BA :) I’m hoping some wonderful magazine will call me one day and tell me to get my Bridget arse down to work for them! Fingers, toes and eyes crossed. I love words and the art of words! I deeply respect intelligence, people who have got the guts to have their own opinion! I enjoy my walls full of pictures, rude-ness, gig tickets, photos and junk, my princess bed and shite oven. I am easy like Sunday morning, I’m an old fart at heart and love long walks, sunrises... and sunsets and a place to call your own. Bad manners, chauvinism and inability to use “the” instead of “da” are all unforgiveable sins.

My writing will grip being young, free, full of wine, covering life, death and all the idiosyncrasies in between! I love honest writing, from the heart...

Thursday 13 August 2009

My second day at Men's Health


The second day went much smoother than the first, as to be expected! My second peice of writing was well underway, entitled "Honey, I want a boob job". The peice advised men how to deal with their girlfriends plastic surgery worries! (Sad but it seems common place nowerdays!)


I got a reply from a fantastic sexologist and relationship expert Yvonne Fulbright which really helped shape my article! (It seems mentioning you are freelancing for Men's Health packs quite a punch when asking for help)


What became obvious was my need to learn photoshop! I mastered re-sizing photos and the basics required for uploading articles which was really interesting to see! I don't see webpages as just colourful sources now, but realise the work that goes in to them behind the scenes!


One of my tasks was to trawl the forums and find quotes for the newsletter, which goes out to thousands upon thousands of people (pressure to make the info 100% perfect!). Working online at Men's Health meant looking after the e-mails and forums linked to the webpage. Because of the nature of the magazine they have some very dedicated readers, and some very silly ones....Fridays has become "willy fridays" so we had to delete a lot of willy-based pictures come Monday! Of course I found this highly amusing.
I bumped into the editor whilst humming and making tea (or being a bit confused as to where the tea bags were....) He seemed like a lovely chap, asked me how everything was going and seemed very chilled out! I was proud of myself for lack of brain farts and normal conversation...always helps.
Hit the hay at about 11 so shattered, ready for another 6am start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers